If you haven't read Jackie's blog yet and you weren't there, you may not yet know that we chose to tell everyone his name at the shower. It was a lot of fun for me, because I got to make some onesies with his names on them and wrap them up for the hostesses to open at the shower! (Thank you Michaels for having lots of iron-on options!)
Here they are with them:
His name is Parker Damron Knight. One onesie says "Parker", another says "Knight", and the third says "PDK".
Parker was just a name we loved (also a reference to Charlie Parker, famous jazz musician) and Damron is Pam's maiden name and also Paul's middle name. We thought it would be a nice tradition to have a third PDK in the family.
Thanks Jenny, Kat, and Sarah (and everyone else) for a lovely shower and for helping me share his name with everyone.
More pics from the shower later. For the record, though, we aren't telling anyone at R!verfield the name until the work shower, which I believe is in a few weeks. So if you could keep mum on facebook until then, I would be super appreciative! I'll probably just use these onesies again and do sort of the same thing. I mean, they are pretty cute (I am biased)!
5 comments:
I LOVE the name!!! It's fabu! And yes, the onesies are adorable and that was such a clever way of revealing the name. The pictures from the shower are oh-so-wonderful. I am super envious that I couldn't have been there, but so glad that I got to see you and the belly last month. xoxo.
I love it too! Reminds me of Parker Lewis Can't Lose: synchronized watches. Another "PDK" is cool too. Way to keep it in the fam!
Love the name Parker! The onesie reveal was excellent.
hahahaha ... just read your label. Isn't it amazing how many people will make their disdain for a name known? I completely stopped telling people Lucia's name during my pregnancy because people would so freely offer their opinion ... and dare suggest another name they deemed more appropriate. What? Weird.
I love Parker Knight (the baby and the name!) It sounds perfect together! The shower was awesome as was hanging out all weekend. Love love love
Post a Comment