Friday, September 18, 2009

31 weeks today

and i am up about that many pounds. maybe three or four less.

anyway, i'm huge. even for 31w. see?


also, see that nice back roll? that's super hot.

i really haven't had too many problems of late - it's hard to get up from a low seated position, my tailbone hurts a lot, and my wedding ring is getting snug. and a few of my maternity shirts are getting a bit short. but you know, not too bad.

i actually haven't had too many people say rude or annoying stuff to me either, which is amazing. of course, i don't tell everyone i know that i am trying to go drug-free, or that i am not getting a flu shot, or whatever. it's not their business. there's the occasional advice - "DEFINITELY get this one baby gadget!" followed by someone else a few days later saying "you TOTALLY don't need (that same) baby gadget". but tuesday - i finally had an older person that saw me and didn't know i was pregnant and said "so it's a girl?" and i said that it was actually a boy, and she seemed SHOCKED. yes, he's riding high. i also have a VERY SHORT TORSO for my height. additionally, WIVES' TALES MEAN NOTHING. so it was really funny when she tried to be nice about it but seemed to secretly think i was wrong.

i'm trying to reconcile in my head that he could be here anytime in the next 6-10 weeks. it's not working very well. you, trusted blog readers, are free to send any and all advice about how to spend my last bits of freedom. i've thought of all sorts of projects that i WANT to get done (christmas shopping, cleaning, remodeling, freezing casseroles, etc) but haven't made a lot of commitments yet. thinking that freezing casseroles thing is not going to happen- there's not much room in my freezer.

have a fantastic weekend, all! i am going to try to take this basketball on a few long walks!

5 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

You are big in the perfect pregnant-lady way, where you are skinny everywhere except for the BIG belly. I love it. And let's not talk about back fat. I have it and I have no excuses like a pregnancy. ;-) I wish I could be there to enjoy this time with you and make foods for you once you pop the little guy out. Alas and alack. With you in spirit. xoxo

Unknown said...

Don't worry about cooking - that's my job!

Maria said...

If you cook, what will I bring you? And Pam wants to cook too! I say-- relax and enjoy the down time. Christmas shopping sounds good-- before you get too uncomfortable to fight the crowds. :)

Jax said...

You.look.gorgeous. and I know I'm supposed to say that b/c I'm your friend, but uh.. I wish you knew how much I mean it. Amazing, Brooke. Simply amazing. :) I can't believe it's getting so close to meet the little guy!! And I don't cook. But, I'll bring you lotsa food. :) XOXO! Yeah, makes sense to me to go shopping and do some of those things you might not be able to do with a newborn in the ice, sleet, or whatever else attacks us this winter in Tulsa. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE! You look great! I love it. It looks like you stuffed a basketball in your shirt :) Nursery is super cute too. I like the Noah's Ark on the wall :) Hope your doing well xoxo ALOVE