Saturday, May 30, 2009

A moment to thank our sponsors

This will be old news to anyone else out there that has had a baby, but I had no idea how many products out there of the food and beverage variety would become ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL as I got through my first trimester, and even now. I'd like to thank the following:

Quaker 90 calorie Granola Bars
NutraGrain Cereal Bars, cherry
Chocolate Milk
Hot Chocolate
Gatorade G2 in Fruit Punch or Grape
Watermelon
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
HONEY NUT FREAKIN' CHEERIOS
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti
Cheese (though you are always vital to my survival)
Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers

and of course, water.

There are many others, but these are the most vital. QT White Cherry Freezoni would be on there too, but I SWEAR TO BUDDHA that 75% of the time I go to ANY QT LOCATION to get one, the white cherry is out, or says it is fine but won't dispense. It's become so upsetting that I have all but given up on this delightful treat.

Soon I'll tell you about the redonk amount of baby crap we already have and how I am already panicking about my weight, FK's room, birth plans, circumcision, the dogs, and everything everything everything else. Quite normal for expectant mothers, I realize. Nevertheless traumatic/stressful for each.

My favorite part so far is having had so many wonderful friends who have gone down the family road before us to help guide us when needed, support me in "my turn", be excited for us even when I couldn't be excited myself (we're past that point now- I want to scream "it's a boy!" from the rooftops!), and, finally, for hand-me-downs of maternity stuff and probably even baby stuff, eventually.

I promise I'll blog about other things than this baby from time to time! Did you know we're taking a LOOOONG road trip starting later this week? So there's that.

4 comments:

Jax said...

LOVE IT! Dont stop blogging about it! It's fabulous! :) So sad I didnt make it today.. *sigh* I got done, ran an errand and saw Twitter that people we heading home. You people and your "family" schedules.. ;) Love love!! Gah, pretty soon it's gonna look like Jon and Kate plus 8 around our group! (without the recent marriage drama...Im just talking lotsa babies). haha!

melissa said...

keep it comin', brookers. i want to hear every detail. :)

p.s. load up on the chocolate milk for me... yo soy lactose intolerant. enjoy every sip! :)

Lauryl Lane said...

ummm. chocolate milk. drink lots. ;) and where are you going on this road trip, hmm?

Jennifer said...

Chocolate milk and donut holes were my weekend staple as I'm sure you can see from Maddox's chunky cheeks. Also I heart all the G2s and finally blog about it all the time. I love hearing your journey and you will love having it all on record for little FK. Love you.