Saturday, March 01, 2008

liver and onions

hey guys. i guess we didn't quite make it out of february unscathed!

i have lame, sucky, un-fun news. my dad is in the hospital since thursday night with a pretty poor prognosis. cirrhosis of the liver and an as-yet-unidentified mass on the liver as well. he's stable right now, but not leaving the hospital anytime soon.

please take care of yourselves, guys. when something is weird? go to the doctor. we might have been able to treat this better if we'd known sooner.

sorry if you are hearing about this for the first time via blog (and that is most of you) - we've all been chilling out at the hospital, waiting to know more. we should have a more complete prognosis early next week.

thanks for the support, talk to you all soon.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just want you to know we love you! We are thinking about you. Please call me if you need anything at all. I will call you tomorrow! I love you!!!

Angela said...

Oh Brooke, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that we love you & we're thinking of you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Anonymous said...

Brooke that's terrible! I'm praying for him and thinking about you all. If it helps, I know someone who had bad cirrhosis that is doing great now.

XXX
Lauren R

Lauryl Lane said...

Hey B, so sorry to hear this. I'll be sending my love and thoughts your way. xoxo

Jax said...

SO sorry to hear this, B!!! Wow. Please keep us updated. You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers.. Stupid effing February.
Sending love.
Jax

care said...

oh, brooke...sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.