i've been making his food (except the cereals) and i've really enjoyed it! it also helps encourage me to visit the farmer's market for good veggies for him. thanks to my dear husband getting me a cuisinart food processor for xmas, his food has been easy to make.
currently, parkerton enjoys the following (in order of his trying it):
baby cereal (rice, oatmeal, etc)
bananas (his fave!)
avocado
yellow squash
butternut squash
sweet potato (thanks gram for making them for him while we were in NH!)
zucchini
and my latest attempt: green beans! (see below - thanks melissa for the awesome bib)
despite the face in the pic (blame iphone 3g camera speed) he seemed to love them right away. next on the list to puree are carrots and eggplant. i don't really have a plan after that- feel free to leave your suggestions!
4 comments:
Peaches? Peas? My Mum used to make mixes of things, like peaches, blueberries and bananas or peas, carrots and squash. Little "medley" meals. ;-) The eating stage is so fun, getting to introduce your little one to the wonderful world of flavors. Glad to hear that Parker is a fan!
He is precious!!!
That looks like one happy taste tester. I'm so impressed you're doing the farmer's market thing. Parker's insides appreciate it, no doubt.
Why is he so big? I can't believe he's old enough for this 'real food' business! I'm excited to try making food for Coop when he's ready. Park just gets cuter and cuter every time I see him!
Post a Comment