Thursday, May 21, 2009

can't believe it

There are SO, SO MANY amazing and crazy things going on right now that I just can hardly wrap my mind around one of them, let alone all. You shall now be subjected to a list.

1) I can't believe the school year is over! I was ready, don't get me wrong. And I love summer camp for so many reasons - not the least of which is getting to wear jeans every day.
2) I can't believe I have to do arts and crafts time with campers next WEEK! I don't have an actual camp, but they come to me for 45m three times during the week for an activity of my choosing. YEESH. TIME TO PLAN. (IDEAS WELCOME)
3)I can't believe Edward James P. and Maddox Alexander M. are here! It's SO AMAZING to see a new side of your friends AWAKEN the moment you see them in a photo holding their newborn. The tender, loving parent just COMES ALIVE in them and it's so moving (crap - getting teary just thinking about it - dang you hormones).
4)I can NOT AT ALL believe that in 6 short months I am supposed to JOIN THEM in parenthood! I, just, er. What? After the loss, and the wonder of the first trimester and the trying-not-to-get-too-attached-to-the-idea, it would APPEAR that it is actually going to happen to US TOO. WTF?!?!?! Who authorized this?!?!
5)I can't believe everyone KNOWS about it. After a considerable amount of time trying to look skinny and hide my bizarre eating habits and lack of caffeine/booze and ever-tightening pants, I'm out in the open. It's still a little weird, but I do love it. It's nice to wear regular shirts and not care that I look rather, erm, 3-dimensional in them. (It's also hard to watch myself look all puffy and gain this weight, but let's not get into that.)
6)I can't freaking believe that my boss (the head of school) authorized me to go to a four-day Yearbook Advisers Conference in FLORIDA this summer! This kind of thing usually has to be planned for from a budget standpoint way in advance ($400 registration fee, plus hotel and airfare!), but I found out about it at the beginning of May and didn't want to ask to go until I told her about my "situation", which is part of the reason that I so very much want to go THIS YEAR and not next! Does anyone want to meet me at Disney July 11-14??? I'll be your DD!

There are a zillion things I could add to this list (five years of marriage, blahdy blah about my parents, my messy house and uncontrollable dogs) but let's leave it there. Apparently pregnocity has done for me what it did for Jenny - increased my bloggiture considerably!

5 comments:

melissa said...

guess who loves this post? i'll give you a hint: it's me. i love your list, and i love you. congratulations AGAIN on your little bun in the proverbial oven and i CAN'T WAIT to see you at nater boots' birthday party. (please jesus tell me you'll be there...)

p.s. if you're serious about the disneyworld thing i will begin looking into it now. xo

katandkarl said...

pregnocity. best word ever.

Jax said...

I second Kat's comment. ha! And 6 mos?! Sheesh! This baby prego thing goes SO FAST! You guys are pregnant, we're celebrating, then boom, a BABY! Like a real little person! Can you tell I'm still wrapping my head around it all? haha! I love it! :) So jealous of the Disney thing!!! Conferences in other states are the BEST!

Lauryl Lane said...

yay yay yay yay and yay. do i sound all sorority-girl-ish? oh well. yay again!

Sarah said...

so happy for your pregnancy and for little maddox! many blessings. and a darn good post.