Thursday, March 05, 2009

now accepting applications

well, i think august to march is long enough to let your hair grow out and get damaged: it's time for a haircut. the problem has been that i am "between stylists" for one, and a bit stingy with my $, for two. i am now accepting your recommendations by email or comment - but would like details such as wait times for appointments, approximate costs, et cetera. i have a referral discount waiting for me at the place p goes (b. jolie) but i would feel awkward if i didn't care for it and he was still going there so i'm hoping to check out some options!


enjoy the weather today if you are near here - it should be lovely!

6 comments:

melissa said...

your label made me tee-hee. i unfortunately have no recommendations for you in tul-city, but if you're willing to drive to the greater little rock area then i can help you out. :)

AHHHH THE WEATHER IS SO NIIIIICE! i'm like a caged rate in this office.

Anonymous said...

I love my hair lady and she's totally on your side of town (around 11th and yale). She studied with Vidal Sassoon in San Fran years and years ago, works out of the studio in her home, my entire family goes there, and for a cut and highlight it's $85....I think for just a cut it's like $35 or something. Oh, and I think you could probably get in within a week. Let me know if you want more info. Love love!!

care said...

okay, so the person I like lives far, far away from you. like, in glenpool, off of 75 and 141st. So, not at all close. BUT I kind of love her. I go see her when I come to Tulsa. Her name is Cheryl, she's at Hair For You, and she's suuuuper inexpensive. $40-$50 for a cut and color. Probably farther than you want to drive, but such a deal!

Jax said...

Hey! The guy I just cheated on my stylist with is at Ihloff and does my other friend's hair. He's only a Protege I or II (I think he was just moved up to II). His name is Michael and I love him. I will be going back to him for sure for the cut at least. AND I got in to him the next day after I called (b/c he's a lower level there). AND I think he works late a couple nights. (my appt was at 5:15).I noticed on their website that IF he's still a protege I, his cuts are 20 bucks on Wednesdays. Soooo.. you might call and say you wanna make an appt with Michael and inquire what level he is. (Oh, he's at utica btw). Otherwise, it's 30 for him if he's a level one and 35 if he's a level two now. Notta big difference. :) Good luck, love!!!

Maria said...

I see Amber at Ulta on 41st. Stumbled in to hear...used her twice... she does wonderful work. I think my haircut was $40 this past time? Wait-- I usually get in within a few days. Because you get off work before six, you can probably get in sooner. :)

Anonymous said...

No one spells out "et cetera." I love you. There is a place in Ft. Lauderdale, where I myself drive 2 hours to get my hair cut. It would be a longer commute for you, I fear.