Thursday, November 05, 2009

the thrill is gone...

so, we're in the home stretch of this whole person-inside-my-body-rather-than-out thing. and i have to say it has all been worth it - i would do anything to get parker here safely and i am so thankful that i haven't had a more difficult pregnancy.

but yeah, at 37w6d, the joys of pregnancy have, er, diminished. i've noticed that my hair and skin are getting rather blah. the puffiness is beginning to be unavoidable (but if you can believe it, i can still -barely- wear my wedding ring), my nails are all beginning to chip and break off, and my energy level has gone from normal to couch potato with record speed. i now have to heave myself out of the car and other low seated positions. my maternity clothes barely fit and won't stay on my body the way they would a few weeks ago. and though i am still quite busy at work, my interest level is at an all-time low. i KNOW i have a lot to do, but it's so.hard. to make myself do it!

again- i scream- it's all worth it! and it is. but i am definitely feeling as ready as i think one can feel to jump into the unknown of parenthood.

here's a picture of mister fatty (currently estimated at 7lbs, 11 oz) and me at school yesterday. one nice thing is that the weather has been nice enough to let me get one last wear in of a lot of my summery maternity clothing!

did i mention i had maternity pics taken a few weeks ago? the proofs should be ready soon, and i can't wait to share them. it was a lot of fun.

so, no news on when he'll be here yet. not too soon, i'd hazard a guess. in the meantime, i think i shall take a nap.

8 comments:

katandkarl said...

i can't wait to see your maternity pics!! i love this one. gahhhhh i am getting SO excited.

katandkarl said...

(like you aren't!) HA!

Lauryl Lane said...

Aw, ENJOY that nap! You deserve it! And I can't waaaaiiiittt to see your maternity pictures--eeekk!

Richmond Rookie said...

wow, belly! You look beautiful. That's not a compliment.

Jax said...

I cant wait to see maternity pics! I think you look fabtastic, girlie and I cant wait to meet the little guy!! :)

Ashley said...

Eeee!! Parker will be here soon! I'm sure that you are beyond ready :) I can't wait to see maternity pics!

p.s. words with friends was the 2nd app i downloaded! i haven't started palying it yet, but i will soon!

melissa said...

wait, you're having a baby? WHAT THE HELL?!

:)

i, too, am super anxious to see his sweet face and to hold hands with you when you are not busy holding him. AHHHHHH parker's coming so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. maternity pics ftw

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see maternity pics and Parker's beautiful face. As I said today on the phone, every time I think about you seeing him for the first time I burst into tears. I'm on the edge of my seat Mrs. Knight. Can't wait!