
The newest member of the family: Fetus Knight!
Paul and I are happy to report that we're currently growing this sweet little fetus. We're 13 weeks along now, so it seems finally time to tell everyone (plus it's starting to show and I didn't want people to think I had just been hitting the potato bar too hard!) If you don't speak ultrasound pic, you might not be able to tell that there's a head there on the left, sporting what seems to me to be a sizeable nose. There are also some arms and legs wiggling around in there, though you can't see them well in this particular shot. Finally, in that round torso, is a nice strong heartbeat. So it seems that all is going well and that little FK will be joining us on the outside in late November.
Thrilled as we are, it's been pretty difficult for me to tell people about our new addition. Most of you know that we had a miscarriage last fall at 11 weeks, 6 days. Rather late as miscarriages go, and it was pretty tough for us both emotionally (and physically for me as well). These sorts of things are quite common, but that often doesn't make the feelings of loss or failure less real. Out of respect for that baby, and fear that something would go wrong again (and mean that something was possibly medically wrong with me) have kept me from being relaxed and open about it. Now that we have hit this point, I am trying to remember that worrying changes nothing, and am trying to enjoy all the weird feelings our baby is bringing me. Thanks so incredibly much to all of you who have supported us through a very tough year or so. It is because of your friendship and support that Paul and I are here now, happily looking forward to the future.
Okay, there I go, getting all sappy. Blame it on the hormones!
So, does that explain why I haven't blogged for a while?
22 comments:
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!! I kept waiting for the blogging...and waiting.. and looking...and waiting... and so thrilled I can officially write on here how incredibly overjoyed I am for you and Paul and FK (FK is hilarious btw)!!! YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS ONE HUNDRED FOLD!! You're going to be amazing parents!!! HOORAY Baby Knight! :) *I actually excitedly clapped to myself over here* haha!!!
Mike and I are so happy for you guys!!
*sigh*
that is my deep sigh of relief. i am SO excited for your family, and quite anxious to see your belly / FK grow. your big heart and beautiful smile will be growing too, and i couldn't be happier.
love you, b. CONGRATULATIONS, popsicle. :)
Best post ever! No one can understand what the two of you have been through. I can only tell you that you are going to be an amazing mother (p i'm not leaving you out - you're gonna be a rockin dad too!) and that this little one (it's a girl for sure!!!) is so very lucky to have you. I love you and little fetus knight soooooo much! Can't wait to find out the sex!!!! GO TEAM PINK!!!
So so so happy for you both! Thinking about you and FK lots. Love to the whole fam. Can't wait to see the belly posts (you realize this is a must).
i've been wondering... congrats to you and paul, you two are going to be the bestest parents ever. hurrah for baby apker-knight!
Oh and PS.. I'm on team pink, too.. but I've been on team pink with everyone so far and been 100% wrong.. haha! So, whatever, but I'm sticking with my guns. TEAM PINK! XOXO!
B&P,
I wish I had the right words to properly convey my excitement for you guys. Congrats times a million! Cannot wait to watch that belly grow and then meet your little girl or guy! (Ahem, L is way out numbered in the girl department).
SG
PS. Your fetus is beautiful!
congrats brooke and paul! yea for fetus knight!
-lauren r
Hi Love!
Congrats on your pregnancy!! :) I am still stalking all you bloggers via the internets.
xoxo alove
Congratulations, Brooke and Paul! I'm so excited for you guys!! :)
Congratulations! I haven't stalked your blog in a while (from Kat's)...great to read about your exciting news!
I am so happy for you and Paul! Yay for babies and being prego!
FK...funny! Much congrats to you both!
I lub your fetus.
Congrats!!! We are right in front of you. I am 14.3 weeks today and due Nov. 13th. It is such an exciting time and I wish you nothing but the BEST!!
Yaaayyy!! Congratulations both of you!!! This is so wonderful!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Look at my nephew/niece "SchoolBus"
I hope you are doing well. I will try and catch up with you guys soon enough!
I can't wait to be a grandmother!
Post a Comment