Monday, November 24, 2008

we made it!

we made it through friday, with some back pain (paul) and a fierce windburn (me) and a lot of relief (both of us) to show for it.

my arts festival went as well as can be expected when you consider the economy and friday's TERRIBLE weather.

paul's concert was, of course, fantastically awesome. we raised $1k for the community foodbank and 1500 lbs of food. and, of course, they rocked some serious face. if you saw me at the concert, i apologize for my silliness! i was running on about four hours' sleep and a full day of outsideness and a week of stress and a LOT of caffeine. i was rather giddy. but this was the first time that i have ever gotten to WATCH an entire student concert without having to sell concessions or some other dumb thing. and THAT was amazing. here's a pic:


we spent the weekend sleeping, eating, catching up on our shows, doing laundry, and watching movies. saturday we saw role models and it was WAY funnier than i expected! sunday i saw twilight with a couple of coworkers and IT was better than i expected too!

thanks for listening to so much rock band blahdy blah lately! now we're on to holiday preparation! aack!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

those kids are awesome!!!

and so are you

Lauryl Lane said...

aw, glad to hear that everything went so well!

Maria said...

The concert was great! Sorry I couldn't stay until the end! Next time, I will bring The Boy!

Jax said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I'm so sad I didnt make it.. I had tix to that Twilight movie for weeks in advance... *sigh* But, Mary went adn said it was unbelievable!!!!!