Tuesday, July 15, 2008

is it possible? / short rant

is it possible i have forgotten about my blog? could be. it might just be that i am THAT boring. time will tell.

additionally: a short rant that is not that original but i do not care.
in the words of peter griffin: do you know what really grinds my gears?

1)when i forget my buggering grocery bags. i don't have enough of them to leave in both cars so i INVARIABLY have them in the other car/at home/somewhere with other stuff in them. i need to get more.

2) when i actually REMEMBER my grocery bags and the people at the store look at me like i am some sort of vampire-zombie-leper combination for saying "i have my own bags" and try to put my (zillion dollars worth of) organic groceries (and regular stuff too) in plastic crappy bags anyway. GET WITH THE PROGRAM oklahoma. and that's all for this installment of "you know what grinds my gears" - back to you, tom.

4 comments:

care said...

NO KIDDING.

we went to target today and I said "I have my own bags" and the woman was like "where is the price tag?" She thought I was BUYING them. and then looked at me like I was crazy.

I feel ya.

Lauryl Lane said...

what, REALLY? geez. they actually charge us 5 cents a bag at most of the stores out here if we don't bring our own bags. hey, i say, if that's what it takes to get people to recycle, than go for it. at trader joe's, we get to enter a raffle for $25 of free groceries every time we bring our own bags. if we don't bring our own bags, they provide us with paper bags for free. plastic isn't even an option. i too forget my bags, though. i try to keep them in the trunk of my car, but the other day i went to check out at the store and realized all my bags were still hanging on the back of the door in the apartment, where i hung them after shopping last week. GRRR.

Maria said...

1. I now know what to get you for Christmas! ;-)

2. I ignore those folks. So far everyone at Reasors has been nice about it, and of course, the whole foods folks are excited. Ladies/gents at Target-- full of strange looks. Clothing stores too. They think I'm odd, but I don't really care.

Sarah said...

i know, right. your a freak of nature because you care about nature. and the earth. and not wasting.
U.r.G.