it's the dresser that paul uses, and it is located in our office/music room. i dont know how well you can see, but it's got some nice elements to it:
there, do you see the little stripey action? i like that. so i am thinking that if i sand and paint it, and give it new knobs, it might manage to be a decent piece of furniture again. the question, as always, is "when?" the answer, i think, is "spring break". i am only working part-time, so far as i know, so i think that this dresser just might take over the free space in my garage during that week. suggestions are aaaaalways welcome, especially from those of you who have done this kind of thing before (cough, cough, lauryl).
hmm, that's all i have to say today. tough titties.
8 comments:
so...my advice? use spray paint. I know it sounds whack, but...
it will help you get into those grooves and maintain them in a way that no paintbrush can, it is fast and it is easy. just take my advice and invest in one of those five dollar can-holding affairs. your fingers will thank you.
you can put a glaze on top to make it look shiny or matte if you want.
ooh, and? what kind of knobs? I'm partial to the glass kind myself.
oooh, and, if you wanted I have a whole article on spray painting things from real simple. I had a lot of luck w/ it--I did a dresser, a shelf and even my placemats!
i vote no paint. maybe, you could stain it a different shade.
if you end up painting it let me know how it goes because i may be having to paint a piece of furniture as well. i'm not very brave and i'd prefer if someone else tried it first. i hope that doesn't make me sound like an a**hole.
first thing i have to say:
"tough titty said the kitty, but the milk's still fine."
second:
love the dresser. painting it black would look fab. i'm liking...
i too have a dresser that i need to sand, paint.. bla bla bla. ... just waiting for the right time to dive in... Ahhh!
cross your fingers and keep your eye out for good rent houses...hopefully we will be coming your way soon.
love love said sarah bug
to brookee-poo
watch your language.
I'm definitely not a do-it-yourselfer, so don't ask me...totally clueless.
I've been checking back everyday to see if you have updated (6 days and counting!) and I just noticed the flask and troll doll on your dresser. Love it!
Post a Comment