Thursday, March 30, 2006

the impulsive gardener


step one in building a garden on a whim and not really knowing what youre doing but you dont care:

dig up dirt, rake up leaves and rocks and all kinds of strange things buried just under the surface. try to make a straight line. use something to measure. when it still looks crooked, use masking tape on your grass to mark where you should dig. adjust. adjust. adjust again.

this is what you get:















step two:
wonder how the hell you are going to find cheap plants to fill entire garden.


ps-this pic is deceiving, its a good thirty feet by four feet.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

wow...you did a TON of work. very impressive.

i can see your baby doggy in the window.

care said...

so, how much is that doggie in the window? :)

try the farmers market or flea market or whatever thing like that they have in tulsa.

or you could try growing things from seed.

well done! I'm looking forward to seeing the with plants pic!

Jennifer said...

I'm drunk

Jax said...

Way to go, Brooke! You did the hard part, now the fun part of planting is easier! :)

Lauryl Lane said...

how bout some flowering trees? or bushes? an azalea or too? you need height and fullness... god i love watching hgtv. wish i had some yard to dig in!

Susan said...

Ok, funny I should happen upon this topic on your blog. I saw an interesting commercial for "Roll-n-Grow" and was contemplating giving it a try. For the lazy, not-so-experienced gardener. Check it out on www.rollngrow.com. Watch that video. I wonder if it really works. I just can't let my Mom know. She's a Master Gardener and here her daughter is wanting to purchase garden-in-a-box.