Monday, November 28, 2005

ain't no party like a little rock party.....

hey everybody! hope you are feeling as bloated and loathesome of work as i am today....

we are back from the weekend and our turkey day was good, other than an altercation between the mixed pets of pam and hank and paul and myself which resulted in their poor old cat losing part of its tail and pam and hank getting tetanus shots...so sad! the rest of the day was spent eating ourselves retarded and hanging with family and it was great.

friday we headed to the rock for shopping and visiting with kat and karl! we went to the flying saucer for dinner, where paul thoroughly enjoyed the beer selection, then headed to the grocery store for some further supplies:















paul and i had a rousing game of paper-rock-scissors to decide what type of beer to buy, and in typical fashion, bought both anyway.















just like college, we never could respect the "quiet area"...

















this was just before we had a rousing game of perudo! pam enjoyed her tiny bottles of pinot grigio to counteract the sore arm from the tetanus shot! please note that we are "partying" while watching CNN! how responsible!














did i mention the hotel was free? it was great.

we later headed to kat and karl's to hang with their crew...but paul and i had started our evening a bit prematurely and crashed before everyone left. we are LOSERS, but we had fun anyway!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheeh... QUEIT HOURS!

Jax said...

Brooke, you seriously make everything sound so interesting and witty!!! My interest is totally peaked about the cat/dog/whatever fight thing?? It sounds like you had SO much fun! Oh, and I heard a funny antectode about paper, rock, scissors..okay, so I read it on facebook. But, I am gonna go find it right now and send it..lol! Miss you! Cant wait to hang after finals!!!

Jax said...

I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there's no frickin way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why aren't sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anybody, a rock would tear that shit up in 2 seconds. When I play rock/ paper/ scissors I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I'm sorry I thought paper would protect you, asshole.
-from a friend in law school's blog facebook! haha!!!

Elizabeth Spann said...

That's really funny. Have you ever seen people try to say they're LAVA and that beats everything? Dang cheaters, that's what they are.

Ashley said...

i like how kat is in the tampon aisle holding the quiet sign...classic